Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you.


Colestori@yahoo.com Layered Lemon Pie 3 column Template Comments Share File Edit View Help View only */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:$bgcolor; background-image: url(http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/toonybug/CBOTB%20ALBUM/back-3.jpg);backgroun d-position: center; background-repeat:repeat; background-attachment: fixed; margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { background-image:url(http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/toonybug/header4-5.png);backgro und-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 1021px; height:429px; margin-left:-38px; margin-top:-150px; border-bottom: 0px solid #fdd9aa; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 0px; border: 0px ridge $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { margin-left:427px; margin-right:427px; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; padding-top:98px; padding-left:0px; padding-right:0px; line-height:5px; text-transform:normal; letter-spacing:-1px; font: $pagetitlefont; text-align:center: color: $pagetitlecolor; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin-left:427px; margin-right:427px; margin-top:1px; margin-bottom:0px; padding-top:0px; padding-left:0px; padding-right:0px; text-transform:none; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; text-align:center; } #header img { margin-$startSide: auto; margin-$endSide: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { border:5px solid #909090; background-color: #ffffff; width: 950px; margin:auto; 50px; margin-top:140px; padding:30px; text-align: center; font: $bodyfont; } #new-sidebar-wrapper { width: 190px; float: $startSide; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #main-wrapper { width: 560px; border-left: 2px dashed #FDD901; border-right: 2px dashed #FDD901; float: $startSide; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 190px; float: $endSide; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:0px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { background-image:url(http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/toonybug/CBOTB%20ALBUM/title div.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom left; color:$titlecolor; margin-bottom:-1px; padding:20px 0px 15px 70px; height:25px; text-align:left; font-size:26px; text-transform:none; font-weight:normal; line-height:26px; letter-spacing:-1px; border-bottom:0px solid #bc5b08; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { background-image:url(http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/toonybug/CBOTB%20ALBUM/divi der-3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center center; height:210px; color:$textcolor; text-transform:none; text-align:right; letter-spacing:0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; padding:10px; border-bottom:0px solid #95d4e3; } .comment-link { margin-$startSide:.6em; } .post img, table.tr-caption-container { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .tr-caption-container img { border: none; padding: 0; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: $startSide; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: $endSide; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; text-align: center; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-$endSide:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-$startSide:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:0px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: $startSide; margin-top: 0; margin-$endSide: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-$startSide: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } ]]> Enable screen reader

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I remember the 90s

I stumbled upon someone who did this, and was feeling nostalgic.

I remember my childhood sooo well!I remember the 90's!

I remember when my favorite TV shows were:

Power Rangers


Darkwing Duck


Rugrats


Arthur


Recess


Tiny toons!!


Animaniacs


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers!


Ducktales


Captain Planet



Hey Arnold


Fresh Prince of Belair



A simple time when fashion was awesome:

Tattoo choker necklaces


Jellie Shoes


When my mom would do this to my hair...


When a baggy flannel shirt was the only thing I would wear


When Overalls were okay to wear out in public


Slap Bracelets


Sticker earrings


A time when toys were simply awesome and kept us entertained for hours

Pogs


Giga Pets!/Tomagochi/nano pets


When I wanted to save all my pennies to buy Pokemon cards


Skip its!


Slip n' Slides


Super nintendo


Walkmans


Playing "down by the banks"
'

When Red rover was still okay to play at school


Razor scooters


Sky dancers!!!



When all I wanted for Christmas was an easy bake oven


Or an American girl doll


When Polly Pockets were so much cooler!




A time when the only books I would read were

Goosebumps


Animorphs


The babysitters club


When my favorite games were

Mario


Donkey Kong


Street Fighter


Mario Kart


Lets go fishin!


Hungry Hippos



Thin Ice


When Gameboys were amazing


A time when I believed that paper and pencil could tell my future...


A time when my favorite thing to listen to was..

Backstreet boys


The Hansen Brothers


Brittney Spears wasn't insane


And I wanted to grow up to be like Baby spice from the spice girls...


When renting VHS tapes and having popcorn was awesome


A time when Bill Nye was the only thing I paid attention to in school


Or Magic School Bus


And my biggest crush was JTT


When I thought my plastic lunch box was awesome


When Lisa Frank was all over my school supplies


When my favorite candy was

Ring pops


Push Pops


Fruit stripe gum


Bottle pops


Bubble Jug



Squeezits


And I begged my mom to go to Mcdonalds


I remember being afraid that these guys were out to get me..






But also making up pretend games where they actually were :)

I remember waking up in the summers without responsibility.
I remember starting secret "eye spy" clubs and setting up lemonade stands with my best friends Tim, Scotty, Stephen , and Rachelle and Sky.
I also remember getting into fights with them one day, and the next day everything was okay again.
I remember my little brother being my worst enemy. But also my best friend.
I remember when a sleepover meant staying up all night eating candy and playing "truth or dare".
I remember when things were so much more simple.
When I didnt understand the lyrics to spice girls songs.
Before JTT came out of the closet.
When Britney Spears wasn't neccessarily "that innocent", but moreso than now.
When it seemed like being an adult was someone who was 16 years old.
I remember thinking 6th graders were sooo old.
When the worst thing that happened to me was that someone wouldnt let me join in the their game.
I remember not understanding things like death, politics, and religion.
I remember believing without question whatever an adult told me.
I remember my mom trying to get me to do my homework, and thinking it was some form of torture. Instead of understanding that it was actually important...

I remember wanting to grow up...

I miss it. And I regret trying to grow up so fast.
And sometimes I wish I could go back to that simple time when everything was just fun, games, laughing, being silly without worry.
Life is wonderful. I am so blessed. I am so happy. But sometimes, just for a day, I'd like to be a 90's kid again. What was your favorite thing to do as a kid?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you put Animorphs in there. I loved that series! I had every book and chronicle Applegate had ever done. Good times.